Armorcoverings Tile & Wood Flooring Installation
Ways your flooring company may cost you more money and hurt your credibility
Improper installation of backer board
Backer board is usually installed when preparing a floor for tile installation on wood. The reason for this is to give the tile the appropriate material to adhere or bond to. Here are the steps to properly install backer board:
- Make sure the sub-floor is level
- Spread the area with the multi-purpose thin set to accommodate for each piece of backer at a time. Make sure the thin set is applied evenly. It is imperative to place the backer on the thin set in a timely manner as the backer will absorb the moisture from the thin set quickly.
- Once the backer board is in place, screw or nail the board down.
- Continue the process until all areas to be tiled are covered with the backer cement board.
- Let the backer board setup for a minimum of 6 hours
If backer board is not installed properly, the results could be very costly. Separation of backer from the wood could create an unstable subfloor. This can result in the grout cracking prematurely or even a tile breaking. The tile will have to be repaired and grouted as well as possibly sealed. Not to mention the customer could grow weary if the problem persists and this could cause damage to your credibility. In this slow economy, we must protect ourselves when possible.
ArmorCoverings tile and wood flooringArmorCoverings is the premier Galveston County tile and wood flooring company. As seen on Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Armor Coverings offers a variety of services such as installation of Ceramic tile and Stone, Laminate and Hardwood Flooring. ArmorCoverings also installs tile on backsplashes, countertops, tub surrounds and showers. Other tile services include grout restoration and repair. Save money by having your tile and grout cleaned and sealed. Located in Texas City, ArmorCoverings services Galveston County and surrounding areas. Get your Ceramic tile and Stone, Laminate and Hardwood Flooring done right the first time. Locally owned, Free estimates, 1 yr. warranty and fair pricing.
Call us Today 409-771-4126
Tile & Wood Flooring done right the first time.